My journey to self love -The glow up diaries-



          

 So it’s been a while, and I’m trying to get this calendar together so you all can here from me more often. I know that’s 2020 has been one harsh cookie. With the corona, hurricanes, and everything else on our plates, I believe that it’s the perfect time to find some self love.

I have had struggles with self love in the past, and sometimes still don’t fully know how to go about truly loving myself. I have grown to love my faults but even people who love themselves have days they don’t like themselves. It’s a part of growing and maturing. 

I often like to think of the quote “treat others how you want to be treated”, but if you don’t treat yourself like the beautiful person You are how do you know how to treat others?  Quite the rhetorical question. Think of it like this, every person has a quality you just love about them. One thing you just wish you could do as well, but maybe you can’t do it as well as them. I will take my mother for example. I love her giving nature, her willingness to do anything for anyone. Am I like that? I try to be, but I fall short often. She also has places that she lacks in, but do I hate her for it? No, I love her more because it makes her human. 

So the theme is if I can love others despite their faults, then why can’t I love myself that much as well? I will give you some tips I’ve used and will continue to use on my journey.

1. Just because you don’t love yourself now doesn’t mean you can’t.

This is my top tip, if you stand crying in the mirror it doesn’t mean you always will, and that’s powerful! Mindsets can change, and then you don’t have to change anything else, unless you want to. It might seem hard at first to believe that you can have a different outlook on life, but with work you can.

2. What you tell yourself you are is what you're going to be.

I took this idea from manifestation and my moms quote, “don’t speak things into existence you don’t want to see become a reality”. Now my mom means that in the aspect of accidents and such but it’s a good moral. If you whisper to yourself that your no good and that your never going to change, would you feel empowered to do so? I would guess not. So try and tell yourself positive things. “I’m changing for the best, I’m trying hard to become who I want to be, I am powerful” after hearing that I would go to the moon and back lol.

3. Self love is more powerful than self hate

I’ve had cry sessions over many things before. Past mistakes and regrets have come back to haunt me. That doesn’t mean that I stayed at my pity party! I got up and told myself that it’s okay because I’ve become a better person in the inside. Whether I hate myself or my past mistake and wether I’ve made a change is all up to me.

4. I have to learn to let it go

I had to learn to let things go. Big and little things. My pastor said “If you're leaving your baggage to God then why would you feel the weight off your shoulders only to come pick it back up” and that spoke volumes. Why do I get rid of bad habits then come pick them back up! I can leave them and get the life I want, and that’s what I plan to do.

5. I do already love myself, even if it’s just a little.

Just like learning Spanish, you already know some words, even if it’s just a little.  It’s the same with self love. I know how to take a nice bath, that’s self love. I know when to cry it out, thats also self love. We know self love and we learn it.

This might just be my little rant, but it does have valuable lessons. Take all or just a few tips and apply them. See how it works out and tell me what you think and what you apply and how it changed your day or week. Bye lovelies!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Blog? who's she

Fashion Trends I love

Envisionment: working for your better self -glow up diaries-