How To Be A Morning Person

I haven't always been a morning person. I used to give people the stink eye when they woke me up before I wanted to. I'm sure we all do this at ten though. I one day had enough with not getting up early enough to be fully awake before school and not fall asleep at the breakfast table. So I did what all people do. Look for solutions on YouTube. I came across a few answers and I will give you the Jess approved mark on the ones that worked for me.

Waking up during a lighter sleep period-
Even though you might think sleep is nothing more than just closing your eyes and dosing off, there are patterns your body follows. Stage one to two is a light sleep period. Stage three to four are deep sleep periods. Fifth stage is REM- Rapid eye movement or dream stage. you go through a few of these cycles 
More info at: https://www.sleepcycle.com/how-sleep-cycle-works/

Alarms:
If you have a song you cant help but dance to lately, this would be a perfect alarm. I have found that a good song is a great way to wake up. If a song is too much maybe try an alarm that slowly gets louder. This will slowly wake you up and probably make you a little happier.

Distant Alarm:
Putting your arm on the other side of the room. Yes, I said it, The other side of the room. That way you will have to get up and go turn it off.  This is a bit more effective. I've never had to use it but i'm sure it will work.

Treat Yourself:
This is my way to happiness. Every time I feel like not getting up I tell myself that I get coffee. I always wake up and make coffee while I drink a glass of water. If a coffee isn't your style a good morning tea or Granola would be a good wake up call as well.

Wake up Earlier:
This is actually one that I found out myself. I always wake my siblings up at 5:40, but it used to be at 5:20. I went a week on the new schedule and found I didn't like the waking up later than usual part, so I pushed my wake time to 5. I know, I sound crazy, but I love it. I seem to  be a little happier and productive when I've had a few hours to wake up. Another part to this is you feel on cloud nine when you can push that sleep button for a little more sleep and not be late!

Relaxation:
Start your morning off with a prayer or reading your Bible. This I have found kicks your brain into gear. You could also start off with a quick run or some yoga. I love when I get a little me time and do what I love early in the morning so nobody can mess with me. I also recommend listening to a podcast in the morning. I also like this a lot while drinking my coffee. I recommend the podcast Stuff You Missed In History Class I love history. no better way to start the day.

If All Else Fails-
If all else fails you could set multiple alarms five minutes apart, that way you can never get rid of the noise. My sister did this to me once as a prank, Its definitely works.

Thank you to everyone who reads my blogs! Its been so much fun so far making content. If you have any fun wake up routines share them in the comments. I love to hear from you all. If you have any questions or ideas for content you want comment and I will get back to it ASAP. Have a great day Lovelies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Blog? who's she

Envisionment: working for your better self -glow up diaries-

The Selection Series Review