Getting my Braces off: After two years

Lets start by saying that I had metal in my mouth for two and a half years. It was supposed to be three years, but hard work shortened the time. I mean I had metal in my mouth for two years! So here goes a story of my braces journey and getting them off.

Lets start off by saying that my teeth were horrid. I mean really bad. I had my two front teeth crossed, I had a big overbite, and many of my teeth roots where not straight. And that's just the basis of the problems. I mean my Orthodontist was well compensated for the work, but I still feel bad for all the trouble. I mean I look at pictures now and think how in the world those where my teeth.
                                                                   Image result for braces memes
Getting them on: When I got them on I didn't want them at all. My sister was so game for because she loves the braces look. She didn't get any because her teeth where already good. So that left me and my brother to the braces wave all alone. I mean, braces where a hard stage. So I had to start out with half upper braces. Because I had terrible upper teeth. So sense I didn't have space in my mouth they had to put in spacers. Which as fun as they sound didn't hurt too much. They just create spaces in between teeth to move them around.
                                                 Image result for spacers in orthodontics
Step two: So now I go back in for and expander and the rest of my braces. Yes my mouth is in so much pain by now. So what is and expander you ask. Its a metal device in which you put a key into and turn it to expand your jaw. I know sounds painful right? it is very painful. You can feel your face slowly moving. Its fascinating yet weird. And it also requires lots of ibuprofen. Look at the picture of this death machine!
                                                          Image result for Expanders in orthodontics
Step Three: so now we are a few months into the process. They had to get my roots straight. Which meant there was a lot of playing around to find which way the roots go and which way to make them proper. And even when my teeth looked fine the roots where still in the way. I mean so much for the roots being the way of life!
                                                              Image result for tree roots memes
Step Three: Now that had my teeth roots where they wanted we had to work on my bite. You know the one that the orthodontist said needed a lot of work. Yep that exact one. And who would have known that I would have to wear them for months! I mean I was wearing them from this point to the day my braces got off! That's a long time.
                                                    Image result for funny braces bands
Step Four: So now we are putting on chains, they make my teeth move back together and make everything look better. Now these go across your brackets and they are a pain. I didn't get just one though, I got three. I mean I must be the most unlucky brace face out there. I didn't eat for the rest of the day. This is a chain being put on.
                                            Image result for funny braces bands
Step Five: So now we are having to perfect everything and i'm told I have a fifty percent chance of getting my braces off in the next appointment. So I wasn't going to stop now! I was going to wear my bands like nobody s business. I didn't get my braces off because my bite was off by one millimeter. My orthodontist is such a perfectionist.
                                                    Image result for journey don't stop believin meme
Step Six: I wore my bands so good that nobody knew what I looked like without them. Lol. I also went into the Orthodontic office praying that this was the moment. I had confidence because looking at my teeth I was happy, they looked great, they were "on fleek" as kids would say nowadays. So I knew they where coming off. I got into the office and he smiled and said the magic words. "Next time there coming off" I just smiled widely and held back my tears. Next time?! Next time! Seriously! So I walked out of that office defeated, the world was against me and no matter what, I was just going to take a nap.
            Image result for orthodontist memes  Related image
Step Seven: I walked into the office determined. I mean, I never looked so fierce. Not even before end of  the year exams. I was going to win this orthodontic battle once and for all. With the face of a soldier I march into the room sat in my chair and began to wait for my Dental Assistant. She came and asked me to smile. She looked and quickly ran away. See told you my battle face was fierce. She came back with the orthodontist and he sat down. We went through a series of test for my bite and my teeth. He said they looked great and that my braces where coming off today. I was so happy that my battle face gave way to a exited sixteen year old. I mean after two and a half years I was getting my braces off.
                                             Image result for orthodontist memes
So the orthodontist left to check out my brothers teeth and left me to get mine off. So they use this horrid glue remover that smells like rotten eggs to get your braces glue off. I mean I asked if I could brush my teeth more than once. It was so disgusting. But the dental assistant didn't seem to notice how bad it smelt. She took off my wire, which hurt so much I thought my tooth was coming off.  She clipped the brackets off and I brushed my teeth. Then she proceeded to scrape glue off with this metal hook. Which makes me think how bad that contraption is for the enamel. Then she makes me brush my teeth then blows air out of a system. And I swear I could hear my lips cracking.
                                                  Image result for orthodontist memes
So now that its all over I have to get impressions. And good Miss I almost puked. I was literally tearing up when she started to do the impressions. I had to do one on bottom and two on top. Then I had to get pictures taken and that was hard because the lady wasn't holding the camera correctly. I took about five pictures for one side of my mouth to get a picture that wasn't fuzzy. Then they put a permanent bottom retainer and told me to come back latter for a clear retainer.

                                                        Image result for orthodontist memes
Thank you lovelies for reading again! I know this was a longer post but its a big step in life so it was worth it. And not to mention the editing it took lol. so question, Do any of you guys have braces? Ever had braces? if you did comment below how it was and how much time it took you. Hope you all have a great week bye lovelies!
Editors note: I still am dealing with my cracked lips almost a week after. Yeah it was that bad.
Quote of the week:
                                              Image result for quotes of the week



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Blog? who's she

Envisionment: working for your better self -glow up diaries-

The Selection Series Review