Being an Apostolic Pentecostal

Now before I start my blog entry I have to say that my youth teacher inspired me to write this blog post. She is such a kind person and wanted to start a blog sometime soon. She said she wanted to make it about her walk with God so I felt I needed to expound upon my faith. So without further ado here we go!

Now if you've never seen and Apostolic Pentecostal before here is a tiny description the women have long hair and wear skirts at or below their knees. This is just the basic description. Now I became Apostolic when my parents went to my current church. We had went to a non denominational church for a year or two and I hadn't learned a thing in the bible! In my class we would play the Wii and other games. My parents wanted better for us and when my moms friend invited us to an Apostolic church my mom jumped to the offer. Now transferring from pants to skirts wasn't hard at all for me, and I love my long hair. I have had some of the best years of my life being apostolic and I feel like its the best option for me. So here we go with a explanation as to why we do everything we do!
Not cutting hair: 1 Corinthians 11:1-16 "every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head" and "if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering." So we believe that our hair is our covering and our covering is our glory!
Wearing skirts:Deuteronomy 22: 5] The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.
Not wearing makeup or jewelry: 1 Timothy 2:9-10, which says, "I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God." So we need to be beautiful in our works not in what everyone else thinks is beautiful, we need to adorn our self with good works. Women are allowed to wear wrist watch's and wedding rings
Mens rules: Men have to wear pants at full length and cant wear any makeup or jewelry besides wrists watch and wedding ring. 1 Corinthians 11:14 to teach that nature itself teaches that men should not wear their hair long

Now i'm not a preacher or anything and this is what I have learned about my religion. I love my life and have taken this religion as my own.This weekend I will be traveling to a youth conference so pray for a safe drive. Im sorry I didn't post on the 18th but I was going places for my birthday so again sorry. Thank you for reading lovelies hope you have a great week and a great day! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Blog? who's she

Envisionment: working for your better self -glow up diaries-

The Selection Series Review